Ideal candidate for LHR
There is no individual who cannot benefit from this amazing technology considering the
advancements in the field. However, there are a few situation where a LHR works the best:
- Fair skinned individual with dark hair.
- Individuals with no grey hair.
- Normal hormone profile.
Who are not ideal candidates for LHR?
Individuals with deranged hormonal profile especially PCOS are more likely to have less
than satisfactory results with LHR. It is advisable to undergo hormonal treatment alongside
LHR to get best results.
The target of LASER beam in LHR is melanin. The absence of melanin in grey hair makes
it resistant to action of LASERs.
Procedure of LHR
A Dermatologist will assess your hair growth and type and also evaluate for any hormonal
The desired area for LHR is marked and shaved. A cooling gel is then applied to this area.
LASER beams are targeted to the the particular area using the laser machine as per the
parameters set the Dermatologist.
Number of sessions required.
- Usually around 6-8 sessions are required to obtain the best result.
- A gap of around 4-6 weeks os usually required between two sessions or it can be the time gap for a person to attain the maximum growth.
- In between the sessions you can shaving/ threading of the hair can be done
Waxing and epilation should be avoided.
Side-effects of LHR.
LHR is a harmless procedure overall.
Only few things need to be kept in mind:
- Do consult a dermatologist before opting for LHR
- Correction of hormonal imbalance, if any.
- Right selection of Laser parameters.